Thursday, September 5, 2013

Rosh HaShanah 2

I decided to wait until Monday to pick up the A.B. Simpson quotes again. Meanwhile, some more stuff about the Jewish New Year and an uplifting Scripture.



My prayer partner and I went to Sar Shalom Messianic Congregation in Mansfield Wednesday night. We enjoyed a meal of pizza, KFC, and all kinds of sweets, which is customary for wishing a new year of sweetness. Then we all went out on the lawn at sunset where 28 people with shofars blew them in four directions to welcome the new year. Then inside for a service consisting Davidic dancing, flag and banner dance teams, shofar-blowing, tambourines, shouting, dancing the hora through the aisles, traditional prayers, and sermon. About 80 present.



During the ten days from Rosh HaShanah until Yom Kippur, Jews and Messianics read Psalm 27 daily. So I thought I would quote some verses (NKJV) from that psalm for today's meditation.



The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war may rise against me, In this I will be confident.

One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life. To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.



I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!



No comments:

Post a Comment