Sunday, August 19, 2012

Christ Forgave

I can imagine, when Christ said to the little band around Him, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel," Peter said, "Lord, do You really mean that we are to go back to Jerusalem and preach the Gospel to those men who murdered You?"


"Yes," said Christ to Peter, "go hunt up that man who spit in My face and tell him he shall have a seat in My kingdom if he will accept salvation as a gift.

"Yes, Peter, go hunt up that man who made that cruel crown of thorns and placed it on My brow and tell him I will have a crown ready for him when he comes into My kingdom and no thorns in it. I will give him a crown of life.

"Peter, go hunt up the man who took a reed and brought it down over the cruel thorns, driving them into My brow, and tell him I will put a scepter in his hand, and he shall rule over the nations of the earth if he will accept salvation.

"Peter, go hunt up the man who drove the spear into My side and tell him there is a nearer way to My heart than that. Tell him I forgive him freely and that he can be saved if he will accept salvation as a gift.

"Peter, go hunt up the men who drove the nails into My hands and feet and tell them I forgive them freely. Tell them they shall have a seat in My kingdom if they will accept it. Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to EVERY creature."

-- D. L. Moody





No comments:

Post a Comment