Friday, June 5, 2009

Stand Firm

George Muller operated a chain of orphanages ministering to several thousand children in England in the early 1800's. He operated them entirely by faith, never asking anyone for donations or letting anyone know the needs. He depended completely on God to lay the need for funds on the right people's hearts at exactly the right time.



"I thank God for the faith He has given me, and I ask Him to uphold and increase it. Do not let Satan deceive you into thinking that you could not have the same faith. When I lose something like a key, I ask the Lord to direct me to it; and I look for an answer to my prayer. (several other examples) . . .

You may do the same, dear believing reader! Do not think that I am extraordinary or that I have privileges above God's other dear children. I encourage you to try it! Stand firm in the hour of trial, and you will see the help of God, if you trust in Him."

-- The Autobiography of George Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment