Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just focus on praise!

There are times when it seems to me it is not fitting even to pray. There is a life of praise. Once while in conversation with Dr. Myland, the pastor of the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church at Columbus, Ohio, I happened to mention the fact that I had not prayed concerning a certain personal matter. Turning to me he said, "I have not prayed for myself for four years."

That sounded very strange to me at that time. I did not understand. He said, "No, I passed beyond the place of praying, brother, into the place where I was ready to accept what the Lord Jesus Christ has wrought and to receive the power of His Spirit in my life so that the thing that he has wrought for me should become evident through me." And that man had walked for four years in that conscious victory. -- John G. Lake, 1916

As a spiritual exercise for a few days, try praising God that He is already giving the answers to the things you are concerned, about instead of continually asking. You will begin to explode in a sense of victory. -- Lep

No comments:

Post a Comment